Air Force Achievements
There is ample evidence that the force has played its crucial role in the pursuit of its stated mission.
- Building of a standard well trained officer and men core capable of adequately contributing to the fulfillment of the Uganda Air Force Mission and supporting regional campaigns.
- Participation in regional peace missions including AMISOM, and task Force operations in South Sudan
- Provision of support to the Land Forces in the defeat of 27 rebel groups in Uganda since 1986. The ability to identify and hit targets over long distances was more recently demonstrated when the forces destroyed LRA bases in DR Congo.
- Provision of support to the Land Forces in the nearly accomplished operations to disarm Kalamajong Warriors.
- Its swiftness in evacuating causalities and in assisting civil authorities in search and rescue missions is commendable. The force earned the people’s praise in relief missions to Teso when the region was devastated by floods. The itinerary of success is lengthy.
- Defending Uganda’s Airspace and supporting own land forces wherever they are.
- Destroying strategic enemy positions.
- Providing VIP transport
- Peace support missions and relief in the event of natural disasters.
- All the other duties of UPDF as per Article 208 of the constitution of the Republic of Uganda.